It is highly recommended to read the Guidelines for Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of Training Centres for Skills Ecosystem first before applying for the Accreditation of the Centres.
Download the list of DWSSC 4 Job Roles
Accreditation Standards Grading Metrics
It is strongly recommended to read the revised Accreditation Standards Grading Metrics before registering as a Training Provider or creating a new Training Centre.
Centre Accreditation Application Form (CAAF)
Download the static CAAF to understand the details / documents required before you start filling the online CAAF .Please use only the online form to apply for accreditation.
Download this as required to be available at the Training Centre.
Download this as required to be available at the Training Centre. .
Download this as required to be available at the Training Centre.
Affiliation is a method for the Training Centres (TCs) to get formally associated with Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) in order to impart training to trainees for specific job roles aligned to National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF). Accreditation and Affiliation are the measuring scales for the provision of quality skilling by the TCs.
An affiliated TC has to follow the rules and regulations set by the respective SSCs that give the affiliation in order to maintain/follow the Accreditation Standards.
Affiliation can be granted to an Accredited as well as Conditionally Accredited Centre. A Conditionally Accredited Centre may apply for affiliation and get Conditional Affiliation; however, it is pivotal that the TC complies with the Accreditation Standards within the required time frame, failing which the Conditional Accreditation status of the TC shall be revoked, and therefore the TC shall no longer remain affiliated.
Why get affiliated?
An affiliated TC gets access to a number of benefits, including the following:
- Only accredited AND affiliated TCs are allowed to commence NSQF aligned training program.
- As all the Government funded schemes are monitored on a continuous basis, an affiliated TC becomes entitled to the Continuous Monitoring Process, if empaneled under a specific scheme. Continuous Monitoring helps in awarding a dynamic grade to the TC on periodic basis, based on its compliance and performance. If a TC does not seek affiliation, its grading will become ‘dormant’, as such TCs are not entitled to be monitored on a continuous basis. It may be noted that a TC having dormant grade does not bestow high confidence of the stakeholders. Refer to the Guidelines for Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of Training Centres for Skills Ecosystem for more details.
- Trainees of the Affiliated TCs are entitled to receive Industry recognized Certificates post successful completion of training and assessment.
It is to be noted that Accreditation and Affiliation of a TC does not guarantee target allocation under Government funded skill development schemes. Each scheme may have its own target allocation process, according to which a TC may be allocated the targets. For example, under PMKVY, the target allocation is based on the grade and job roles demands as per the geographical location of the TC. A TC may thus choose to ascertain its capability in terms of mobilizing candidates pertaining to certain job roles, adherence to particular scheme guidelines and targets it may receive under specific schemes before seeking affiliation with the SSC.
If it is found that a TC, accredited for certain job roles, has started the training operations without getting affiliated for the accredited job roles, it shall be penalized suitably as deemed fit by the monitoring team of that scheme.
Process of Affiliation
All accredited TCs are deemed for the grant of affiliation. Once a TC is accredited for certain job roles, the affiliation cannot be denied by the SSC to that TC for the accredited job roles. A TC, in order to seek affiliation certificate from the SSCs, shall have the provision of submitting an online application for affiliation.
Affiliation request would be deemed as completed under following conditions:
- Affiliation is granted on the basis of job roles. Therefore, a TC has to apply for affiliation only for the accreditedjob roles.
- The TC shall pay an affiliation fee for each job role. TC is advised to apply for affiliation as soon as it gets accredited; however, it is provided a maximum of 6-month period to seek affiliation. In cases where six months have elapsed since the accreditation date of an unaffiliated TC, it would require to re-accredit itself before applying for affiliation.
The online affiliation request is forwarded to the concerned SSC, which reviews the request containing the accreditation report of all job roles as submitted by the Inspection Agency and the affiliation fee payment confirmation. Post review, the SSC shall award the Affiliation Certificate to the concerned TC.
Validity of Affiliation
The validity of affiliation of a TC is for a year from the date of affiliation. The TC has to apply for the renewal of affiliation at least three months in advance of the affiliation expiry date. The request for renewal of affiliation has to be sent only after renewal of accreditation, as only the Accredited Centres are eligible for affiliation. In case a TC gets de-accredited for any reason, its affiliation shall also be no longer valid. In such cases, the concerned TC may seek affiliation only after getting re-accredited for the specific job roles.
A TC shall be charged an amount of INR 6000 for every job role affiliation with the respective SSC. The entire Affiliation Fees is payable to the respective SSC.
Note : NSDC reserves the right to revise any of the fee components at any point of time, without stating any reasons whatsoever.
Please refer to the Guidelines for Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of Training Centres for Skills Ecosystem for more details
About Centre Accreditation
Centre Accreditation is a quality assurance process for evaluation of the required parameters of the Training Centres. It is of key importance to ensure that the trainees are provided quality training, thereby creating the requirement to have a well-defined validation process of the Training Centres, creating the need of accreditation of Centres. Accreditation focuses on learning and self-development, and encourages the Training Centres to pursue continual excellence.
The Centre Accreditation process helps in effective management and delivery of the competency-based training, aimed at overall development of the trainees. Accreditation ensures that a Training Centre has met the prescribed qualitative standards, pre-set by the respective Sector Skill Councils (SSCs). With this aim, it is imperative that the trainees have confidence in the quality of the training provided by the Training Centres.
Though Centre Accreditation is a voluntary process, it is mandatory for a Training Centre that wishes to impart training aligned to National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) to go through the accreditation process. In order to participate and implement any Skill Development Scheme funded by the Government of India, alignment to NSQF is mandatory.
Why get accredited?
- An Accredited Centre provides assurance to a number of vital stakeholders, such as the trainees, the employers, and the public in general, that the Training Centre has met the established standards necessary to impart training for the specific job roles.
- Centre Accreditation also results in awarding an Accreditation Grade to the Training Centre.
- Only an Accredited Training Centre becomes eligible for affiliation by the SSC with respect to specific job roles. Accreditation and Affiliation are mandatory steps to be followed in order to execute any Training Program aligned to NSQF.
Process of Center Accreditation
The process of Centre Accreditation involves a combined mechanism of self-evaluation by the Training Centres and an external evaluation by a Third Party Inspection Agency to determine if the prescribed qualitative standards are met by the Centre. The Inspection Agency conducts a physical check on the Centre. The inspection agency/agencies are empaneled by NSDC, and the Inspection Agency may establish any additional operating procedures it deems appropriate, subject to approval of NSDC.
SMART provides access to the Training Providers to apply for the accreditation of its Training Centres. Please refer to the Tutorial to know the process in detail
The Accreditation Standards inspected are related to the operations and services offered by the Training Centres to its trainees. These standards are a set of practices and concepts, as laid down by the SSCs pertaining to each job role, that provide guidance to the Training Centres on all relevant aspects of skilling.
The Accreditation Standards applicable to a Training Centre is a combination of certain parameters categorized as Part-A and Part-B standards. The standards of the Part-A category are the mandatory indicators to be adhered to. It is necessary that a Training Centre complies with all the Accreditation Standards of Part-A category to become an accredited Training Centre. The standards of the Part-B category are the other indicators, on which the Centre shall be scored on the predefined points. It is mandatory that the Training Centre achieves a minimum of 40% score with respect to the Accreditation Standards Grading Metrics . A Training Centre that meets the Accreditation Standards becomes an Accredited Centre. Please refer to Knowledge Centre to download the Guidelines of Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of the Training Centres for Skill Ecosystem to know more details.
How to apply for Accreditation
The Training Provider desirous of seeking accreditation for its Training Centres has to register online on SMART. The Training Provider has to register through Training Provider Registration Form . Post successful registration, the Training Provider has to submit Centre Accreditation Application Form (CAAF). Please refer to the Tutorial to know the process in detail.
Please refer to Knowledge Centre to download the Guidelines of Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of the Training Centres for Skill Ecosystem to know details on the fee .”
De-accreditation of a Training Centre
The Accreditation Committee may suspend or cancel the accreditation of a Training Centre because of any of the following reasons, but not be limited to :
- Severe non-compliance or violation of the scheme specific guidelines
- Improper/misleading use of accreditation status
- Improper/misleading use of the application for accreditation prior to receiving the accreditation status
- Providing wrong/forged data in the application for accreditation, or at any point of time in any form during the scheme implementation
- Imparting training in the job role for which it is not accredited
- Non-payment of fees, as and when required
- Refusal to conduct continuous monitoring through self-audits
- Non-compliance to the Grading Standards during the Scheme implementation
- Any other condition deemed appropriate by the Accreditation Committee
Request Training Providers to fill the following forms
Step-1 – Click on the link below to fill the required information of your organisation
Step-2- Fill the below linked form to provide the required information of your each training center you want to get affiliated with DWSSC
Step-3- Status on SMART NSDC / CAAP
- Click here to fill the form
[button url=”http://www.smartnsdc.org/front-assets/media/guidelines/User%20Help%20Guide%20TP,%20TC.pdf” color=”blue” align=”center”]DOWNLOAD TUTORIAL[/button]