Job Title: CEO, Domestic Workers Sector Skill Council (DWSSC)
Reporting to: The Chairperson and Board of Directors
Location: New Delhi, India
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Domestic workers or Domestic Help in India constitute one of the largest segments, nearly 20 million of the workforce, majority being women whose services mostly go unrecognized.
A domestic worker may perform variety of services for an individual or a family, providing care to children, elderly, ailing, disabled, besides household maintenance, cooking, laundry, shopping etc. while functioning as skilled and unskilled worker. In India’s unorganized sectors which constitute nearly 93% of the economy, domestic workers constitute one of the largest segments- vaguely estimated between 4.75 to 25 million, albeit among the poorest, disorganized and often exploited.
The purpose of this SSC is to define key sectors wherein Domestic Workers can find employment and to identify critical roles and associated skill gaps. Some key objectives of the SSC include:
- To establish a national institutional network for skill development of domestic workers in India.
- To facilitate linkages among various stakeholders in the sector for improved service delivery for clients and improved reward package for the workers.
- To develop a Labour Market Information System (LMIS) that contains information on the profile of domestic workers in India and the market demand.
- To define job roles and set occupation standards, career progression maps and functional maps for all job roles in the domestic work sector.
- To standardise processes of accreditation, assessment and certification of domestic workers.
- To create skill aspiration and skill appreciation in the sector through well-defined career progression tracks and awareness campaigns for employers and workers.
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Domestic Workers Sector Skill Council
- Engage in outreach and advocacy efforts to advance the causes and objectives of the DWSSC
- Identify and forge beneficial relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the SSC.
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resource management and oversight
- Ensure compliance to NSDC/MSDE requirements
- Manage and guide the team to succeed at the identified activities and programs
- Any other, as may be assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications & Experience: MBA/ Postgraduate/ Equivalent having minimum 20 years of work experience, with at least 10 years of experience in leadership roles in Admin/ Mgmt./ Govt./NGO/ Corporate with good understanding of training/vocational education.
- Self-driven, passionate professional
- Ability to manage/prioritize work from several sources.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to develop and nurture productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team and provide mentorship
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
Proficient in MS Office
You must apply by 8th October 2020 on below link