Industry Interaction and Culmination Ceremony of ‘Apprenticeship Pakhwada’ Programme, 16 OCT 2019
The Industry Interaction and Culmination Ceremony of Apprenticeship Pakhwada Programme, was graced by the Chief Guests of Honour, Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways of India and Shipping, GoI & Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, GoI, and Shri Mahendra Nath Pandey, Union Minister & Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship besides many other dignitaries including:-
- Dr. K. P. Krishnan, Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
- Ms. Sunita Sanghi, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
- Mr. Vikram Kirloskar, President, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII); Mr Chandrajit Banerjee, DG CII
- Mr. Rajesh Aggarwal, Directorate General of Training (DGT), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
- Mr. Aun Nanda, Chairman, CII National Committee on Skill Development and Livelihood, Chairman Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd.; &
- Mr. Manish Kumar, CEO & MD, NSDCMs.
- T. Sarita Reddy, Co-Chairperson, CII National Committee on Skill Development & Livelihood and MD, Gayatri Sugars.
- Mr. K.C. Gupta, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship;
The main agenda of this programme was the promotion and expansion of Apprenticeship in India.
During the event, various SSC signed MoU with the industry for engagement of the apprentices during the FY 2019-20.
DWSSC signed record 12 MoUs with their industry partners and TPAs. It was the highest of all MoUs signed today for the apprenticeship programme.
The conference was attended by Gen. Manik Sabharwal, CEO of DWSSC, Lt. Col. Pradeep Bajaj, Head – Research & Publication, Ms. Sneha Bose, Executive – Research & Publication and Ms. Tanya Agarwal, Executive Assistant to the CEO. Details of the organisations with their targets with whom the MoU was signed are as follows: –
|S. No||Sector||Name of the Organization||Name of the Industry Representative||Designation of the Industry Representative||No. of people to be trained as apprentices|
|1||DWSSC||Just Clean Global (P) Ltd, Noida||Abhishek Ratan Chola||Founder Chairman and MD||1000|
|2||DWSSC||NES Homecare and Lifestyle Services (P) Ltd (MyChores.in), Thane,||Andrew V||Founder and CEO||1000|
|3||DWSSC||Sumeet Facilities Ltd., Pune||Sanjay Saxena,||Executive Director||1000|
|4||DWSSC||Ever Clean Global Solutions (P) Ltd, Noida||Abhishek Ratan Chola||Founder Chairman and MD||1000|
|5||DWSSC||AMK Manpower Services, New Delhi||Dr R Arul Kannan, MSW||Director||1000|
|6||DWSSC||Jeevitam, VSS Tech Solutions (P) Ltd., New Delhi||Munish Chawla,||Co Founder||1000|
|7||DWSSC||Orion Edutech (P) Ltd, Kolkata||Amit Chakraborty||AGM (Placement)||1000|
|8||DWSSC||Khwahish Leather Skill Trainers and Consultants (P) Ltd., Indore||Shri Harish Kumar Pathak,||Director||1000|
|9||DWSSC||Karma Management Consultants, Mumbai||Pratik Vaidya||Principal Consultant and Director||1000|
|10||DWSSC||HelpAge India||Dr Imtiaz Ahmed,||Mission Head – Agecare||1000
(Subject to Apprenticeship Act and Rules thereof
The event has increased the interest of many other members of the industry to comply with the apprenticeship Act 1961, as amended.